Specialists available immediately, no waiting lists
Our professionals work as a team, with you, to assess and conceive personalized intervention plans for children from 0 to 18 years old who shows signs of delayed development, or who have learning or emotional difficulties.
Meetings are organized in a clinic and at home, at the time that suits you best. Our professionals will thus offer you the tools to help prepare and equip your child for life.
- Speech therapists
- Social workers
- Resource teachers
- Special needs teachers
One step at a time
- A first meeting will provide an opportunity to evaluate and pinpoint the difficulties being experienced both at school and at home. The first meeting is held with the parents to circumscribe the initial actions that have to be taken, as a priority.
- An intervention plan will determine what the child's needs are: anger management, self-esteem, language stimulation, homework guidance and schoolwork assistance, home routines, academic exercises, etc.
- Specialists will get involved in accordance with their respective expertise.
- Techniques are taught to parents to help them stimulate and guide their child on a daily basis.
Speech therapy services
Our specialists are at your disposal to make language development assessments that will help characterize the difficulties experienced by children who have voice disorders, delays or language disorders, speech-related or oropharyngeal function disorders.
+ Language delays/disorders: difficulties in terms of oral understanding, oral expression, reading and writing
+ Speech-related disorders: enunciation, stuttering, craniofacial malformations, etc.
+ Oropharyngeal function disorders: swallowing disorders
- Application of a speech therapy treatment plan adapted to the child's needs
- Individual or group interventions
- Teaching strategies and methods for improving communication
Loulou and Panpan to the rescue
The Loulou and Panpan language stimulation program favours a global approach, focused upon the development of the child's communication skills. It was conceived by Stéphanie Laurin, Director of Psychosocial Services at Careplus, in co-operation with several early childhood specialists.
Remedial education services offered at home and in our offices
- Assessment of the student
- Academic assistance
- Homework help
- Class projects
- Organizing one's agenda
- Screening and prevention
- Rehabilitation plan
- Learning strategies
- Support for parents
- Adaptation and creation of pedagogical materials
Services reimbursed by private insurers
Most private insurers reimburse professional psychosocial services. And when this is not the case, they may be claimed as a tax deduction.
Jérémie has difficulty concentrating. Even when he learned how to speak, it took a long time. At school, his marks aren't improving. Distracted easily, his motivation regresses and becomes increasingly thin. His school year is now compromised. When you ask for an assessment to be made of Jérémie to provide him with the proper tools, we're told that there's a one-year wait. However, today is when Jérémie needs help…