Chronic disease management
Professional nursing follow-ups, all across the Province of Quebec
Our veteran nurses are experienced in dealing with chronic disease: they are used to dealing with such situations in CLSCs. Monitoring patients, compliance with the treatment plan, teaching and prevention are just some of the many tools in their arsenal.
- Monitoring a person's glucose levels
- Adjustment of the insulin dose in collaboration with the physician or pharmacist
- Monitoring foot care
- Nutrition assistance and advice
- Adjustments to the medication, in consultation with the pharmacist
- Monitoring blood work (RNI)
- Diet advice (food to avoid or eat in moderation)
- Prevention: to avoid the risk of bleeding
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Monitoring diet and sleep
- Taking a patient's vital signs
- Verification of the patient's technique with their pump and teaching, if necessary
- Follow up of any side effects from the medication
- Verification of the technique used with oxygen, where applicable
- Assistance with patients who wish to spend their final moments at home, with their next of kin
- Comfort care and pain relief
You wish to set up a chronic disease management program?
Servirplus has teamed up with some pharmaceutical companies to provide them with highly qualified nurses who are trained to manage a wide assortment of chronic diseases and to take charge of the patient at every level.